The Electricity Division of the Rehoboth Town Council is a ring-fenced entity with its own banking account – account no: FIRST NATIONAL BANK – RHB: 62103821551
The Electricity Control Board (ECB) in exercise in the powers conferred by section 20(8) of the Electricity Act, 2007, and upon approval to grant a distribution license by the Minister in terms of section 20(6), the Electricity Division of the Rehoboth Town Council operates under such supply license.
Rules and Regulations of the Electricity Supply of the RTC is also guided by the following approved documents:
- The Minister of Regional Local Government and Housing has under section 94(2) of the LOCAL AUTHORITY ACT, 1992 (Act 23 of 1992) read with section 94(1) thereof, made the MODEL ELECTRICITY SUPPLY REGULATIONS
- RTC – ELECTRICITY DIVISION: STANDARD CONDITIONS FOR THE SUPPLY OF ELECTRICTY
- NAMPOWER – STANDARD CONDITIONS FOR THE SUPPLY OF ELECTRICITY
- ELECTRICITY ACT (Act no 4 of 2007)
ALL RELATED ELECTRICITY APPROVED TARIFFS:
The Electricity Control Board is responsible for the approval of all the Electricity tariffs.
CONNECTION COSTS FOR 2019/2020 FINANCIAL YEAR STILL IN USE:
Single Phase 16 x 2 core connection: N$ 7 558.00
Three Phase 16 x 4 core connection: 15 736.00
Air deck overhead connection: 6 939.00
Single Phase Pre Paid meter: 1 439.00
Three Phase Pre Paid meter 7 558.00
Call out fee: 434.00
Reconnection & Disconnection fee: 450.00
Current P/P meter Tempering fee: 2 867.00 (**)
Change from Domestic to P/P single phase: 1 439.00
Change from Domestic to P/P three phase: 5 723.00
Tariff for change from conventional to P/P: 1 000.00
Reconnection & Disconnection fee for Businesses: 1 000.00
Note: (**) The current tempering fee of N$ 2 867.00 will be increase to N$ 6 000.00 as soon as approval is granted.
TEMPERING/VANDALISM OF PREPAID METERS
This is a very serious offence and persons found doing such things will be fined with an amount of N$ 6 000.00 (first offence) or legal action (second offense). The guilty persons are also liable for the payment of unaccounted average electricity been used together with the penalty of N$ 6 000.00. These amounts must be paid in full before the electricity supply can be restored.
If any person/s are aware of such practices, please do not hesitate to contact our electricity division at (062) 523113. Your identity will be keep secret.
Any vandalism of street light heads, fibre kiosks, mini-subs or any item that belongs to the Rehoboth Town Council can also be reported at (062) 523113.
NEW APPLICATIONS FOR ELECTRICITY SUPPLY: PROSEDURES TO FOLLOW:
- Request an application form at our cash hall/reception
- Fulfill it with all details as requested on the form
- The Technical Team will go out and measure the distance as well as to make sure if there are services available in that specific area.
- The Applicant will then be contacted to come and make the necessary payment. If the distance is more than 60 meter, the applicant will pay an additional amount per meter extra on the remaining meters if more than 60 meter.
POWER FAILURE IN TOWN OR ANY HOUSEHOLDS.
If any major power failure in town or household occurred, please don’t hesitate to contact our Technical Team on standby at (062) 523113. The following Technicians are on standby per week, and can be contacted. Please note that these are their private numbers and will be replaced in due course.
MS R SHALI – 081 639 7551
MR MALCOLM GERTZE – 081 605 6031
MR JOHANNES NDEIPANDA – 081 316 0959
MR A LOMBOLENI (KAPPA) – 081 374 5911
(Note: These numbers will change once the new standby phones are in place)
APPROVED PREPAID AND TIME OF USE (TOU) PER UNIT TARIFFS FOR 2021/2022 FINANCIAL YEAR: See attached marked as (**)